The Village

Hutton le Hole is recognised as a ‘honey-pot’ village lying within the North York Moors National Park. Its many visitors enjoy the open area of green that is Common Land belonging to the Manor of Spaunton, one of the few remaining Courts Leet in the country. Hutton Beck winds its way through the village and is especially attractive to families and features several duck races throughout the year. The village lying as it does on the southern edge of the moor makes it an ideal base for walkers.

Morning Mist

The needs of visitors are well catered for as they have been for many years. Refreshments at the cafes and public house, several gift/craft outlets and the  Ryedale Folk Museum are all in close proximity to each other and within easy reach of the car park that lies to the north-east of the village. Bed and Breakfast, Caravan and Camping Sites and Holiday Cottages also provide for visitors.

Thanks to the efforts and generosity of the villagers in years gone by succeeding generations of residents are able to enjoy the benefits of the Village Hall (1939) and Playing Field (1950)and also St Chad’s church (1934)

2008 T LAMBS H-L-H

For those interested in the history of the village a book entitled ‘A History of Hutton le Hole’ is available, ISBN 0 907480 17 9. First published in 1975 it was revised and reprinted in 2005 in response to comments received via the Parish Plan.